Shipping ETA: Summer 2023.
Calculating time The Breadwinner Sitar is now in production. The initial run is limited to only 48 pieces, so place a deposit now to reserve yours.
For years we've been inundated with requests to do some form of electric sitar. We've been back and forth on how to best approach the idea, but never really landed on anything until now.
After drawing inspiration from the iconic Coral Sitar, we realized that the Breadwinner's body shape would be a perfect platform. Not only that, but by going this route you also gain the advantages of the Breadwinner's inherent design. In fact, many collectors agree that the Breadwinner is one of the most comfortable guitars ever made. Regardless of how you prefer to position your guitar while you play, the Breadwinner shape will allow it!
The Breadwinner Sitar will feature a standard 6-string set-up, but with a Gotoh Sitar bridge to create that "controlled buzz" sound you're looking for. Its 13 sympathetic drone strings will respond to the vibrations from the instrument as you play, adding to the overall effect. In addition, we're adopting the standard Breadwinner's active electronics switch for this release as well.
Modern day manufacturing and electronics will make this Breadwinner-Sitar mashup a treat to play, see, and listen to!
Features & Specs
- Body: Tone Chambered Mahogany
- Pickups: 3x Warren Ellis Blade
- Switching: Active Electronics On/Off
- Controls: Individual Volume / Tone for each pickup
- Bridge: Gotoh Sitar
- Neck: Maple, Bolt On
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Dot Markers
- Frets: 24, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24 3/4″ (628mm)
- Width at the Nut: 1 11/16″
- Hardware: Gotoh style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D’Addario #10s, 13x custom sitar strings
- Average Weight: 8.0 lbs(More Info on Weight)