Doubleneck 4/6 bass neck

• The Doubleneck 4/6 is pretty much exactly what I have been looking for, but the only thing putting me off is the bass neck having only 17 frets. 

Do you think it would be possible to have a longer neck put on to it? I understand it would probably have to be custom made, and other adjusments may have to be made such as moving the bridge back.

It's the closest thing I've found to the Carvin DB630 in terms of layout and size, and having those extra frets is important to me due to the kind of stuff I play on bass.

I'm still considerng buying it and just tuning up for some songs, but I fear that may end in many broken strings and a warped neck. If it looks feasible to put a longer neck on it then that could be a future project after I buy it.

I'm far from an expert on this kind of thing so any advice/thoughts are greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Hey Gabe,

To anwser your question, yes, a post-purchase customization like that would be possible. As long as the bridge is placed in the correct position to accommodate the proper scale length for the replacement neck, then you'd be alright. Keep in mind this is definitely custom work you'd want to have done professionally, which would come at a cost and would void any warranty.

On the other hand, I'd say your best bet would be to get the bass and try it out as-is. You can always try experimenting with an octave pedal to achieve the higher pitches you need for some songs. Much less invasive that way, and way more affordable. Worse comes to worst, you can send it back within 45 days for a full refund.