Airline Pocket Bass LH
Left-handed version of our new Airline Pocket Bass. Vintage gear collector and ex-Bob Dylan sideman and Saturday Night Live bandleader GE Smith called the original Pocket Bass "the best recording basses around". The Airline Pocket Bass is one of those odd instruments that a lot of people asked us to reissue. So, we think the time has come - the original vintage ones are becoming very hard to find and getting ultra expensive.
But, this time around we fixed a few of the originals short-comings. We gave it a slightly longer scale length, upgraded the bridge and added some power to the piezo pickup. So you'll get a fat humbucker on the neck position, a powerful piezo in the compensated bridge, a master volume and a blend control to dial in between to the two pickups - allowing you to mix between the the trebly piezzo sound and the darker humbucker, giving you plenty of tonal options in the studio.
This certainly trumps the cool old vintage version for tone and playability but will capture and preserve the look of the original.
WATCH: Airline Pocket Bass demo & review by Premier Guitar
Features & Specifications
- Body: Mahogany
- Colours: Black, Sunburst
- Pickups: Humbucker Neck, Piezo Bridge
- Controls: 1 Volume 1 Pickup Blend
- Bridge: Compensated Wood Bridge with Piezo Pickup
- Neck: Bolt-on Maple
- Finger Board: Pao Ferro
- Scale Length: 26.5" scale
- Width at the Nut: 1 1/2"
- Hardware: Gotoh style Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: #45-#105 Short Scale
- Case / Gig Bag (Not Included): Optional Add-On
- Premium Gig Bag (Not Included): Standard Guitar Optional Add-On