"When Mike told me he was going to start manufacturing the Eastwood line of "bizarre" guitar reissues, I knew we were all in for a treat, and as I expected, they don't disappoint!" _Matthew Sweet
The Wedding Present
The Wedding Present have had eighteen UK Top 40 hit singles… not bad for a band that has, from its inception, stubbornly refused to play the record industry’s game.
From the years 1985- 2008 they have released 9 studio albums and have appeared across television screens from Top of The Pops to Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
Eastwood Guitars The Wedding Present use:
The Wedding Present Q&A
1) What record/band first inspired you to learn to play electric guitar?
It was The Chameleons [the group from Manchester, UK] in a way. I went to school with their guitarists, Dave Fielding and Reg Smithies... and they got me into it. Before that I'd always fancied being a keyboard player!
3) What was your first electric guitar?
It was a Stratocaster copy... a pretty decent one that I bought second hand. Before that I had a pick-up inside my acoustic!
3) What bands are you listening to now?
My favourite newish bands are British Sea Power and Cansei De Ser Sexy... but I'm listening to a lot of old stuff these days. Whatever comes up on shuffle on the iPod..
4) What is your favorite city to visit while touring? Why?
I think Reykjavik and Tokyo have been the most fascinating. Both those cities are like
nowhere else on earth.
5) In the process of making your records, which was the most memorable?
MI think it's always the last one. Is that a cop out?! We just had a great time recording with Steve Albini in Chicago. I'm not really one for nostalgia...
6) If you could play in any other band - at any time in history - which would it be?
I'd say My Bloody Valentine except that my puny guitar playing would be decimated by the mighty Kevin Shields's!
7) What projects are you currently working on?
As I say, we've just finished a new album. It's called El Rey and will be out in May 2008.
8) What AMPS and pedals do you use?
In Europe I use German amps made by a company called Fame but for our North American tours I use a Fender Deluxe. I love Yamaha overdrive pedals because they're both extreme
and unique sounding. Apart from the ol' Jim Dunlop Wah Wah, that's all I use, really.
9) What is your favorite a) Food? b) Drink? c) Book?
a) Indian food... no contest!
b) A fruity red wine
c) The Trial by Franz Kafka